The fallback (Fail-safe stream backup) is an easylive.io system that automatically trigger the associated input (live source, video or image) if the primary live source is disconnected.
- The input has to be in the same line
- Live source can be chained together (fallback)
- An input can only be used once within its line
- When triggered, the input is overlayed on top of the associated live source
A fallback can be set on any live source type, to set it up you must:
- Create a live (1) or join an existing live (2).
- In the production Studio (3).
- Add a fallback file on the same layer than your primary live source with "Add an input" button (4).
- Access to the live source settings (green pen) (5).
- Then select in the list the media to display if your live source stream disconnects (there's a default selected picture provided by easylive.io) (6&7).
- Your live is now secure! If your source is broken, the fallback will automatically start (8).