easylive.io - Custom RTMP methodology for publishing on Facebook Live
- Go to your Facebook account
- Select the right page where you need your content to be published.
- Click on “Live video”
4. Setup your live event
ATTENTION: There are 2 ways to publish to Facebook live
“Standard” allows you to publish a live feed up to 4 hours and to have the event automatically recorded and available as a VOD once ended.
If you want to publish on a “standard” mode, there is nothing to do since it is the default mode.
“Continuous” allows you to publish a live feed up to 24 hours but there won’t be any recording. Therefore your event will not be available as a VOD once ended.
If you want to publish on a “continuous” mode, you need to click on “Settings” and select the box “Publish this as a continuous live video”.
5. Keep this FB tab open and open a new tab
6. Open the easylive.io Platform in this new tab
7. Create your live event on easylive.io
8. Once in the publish room, click on “Add or edit a publishing points”
9. Then click on “Custom RTMP” (step 1) then “+add Broadcaster” (step 2).
10. Then click on “other”
11. Add a name to identify the publishing point and copy/paste the info provided by Facebook
12. Click “save”
13. Make sure you select the newly created publishing point
14. Close the “broadcaster menu” and start your live on easylive.io (“start broadcasting”).
15. Come back to the Facebook page and you should see your live feed
16. Click “go live” on the FB page to publish the feed for your audience to access it.
17. Next event you will need to publish to FB Live.
Since you already have configured a “persistent stream key”, your RTMP and stream key remains the same. Just double check that everything is similar.
- Create your event on FB Live (follow the procedure below)
- Select the FB point on our platform (Custom RTMP / select the FB point)
- Click “start broadcast on easylive.io”
- Click “go live” on FB
18. Ingest zones on easylive.io
You need to do the same setup for each region (Ireland, Oregon, Virginia) since each region is independant.