- Create a new live or enter in a control room
- Check that your currently publishing & recording
- Go to the "Recording" section on the left of your control room, you will be redirected to the Clip and Segments management interface
Now you can see the current live preview on the right side of the screen, on the left side you can start and manage your clips and DVR.
A clip is a cutout of the last 25 seconds of the live, achievable via the buttons below.
Your clip will automatically be added to the event list, you can then:
- Edit the clip(s) to change its duration, etc.
- Publish the event(s) on the broadcasters of your choice
- Add the event(s) to your Media so you can use it as a live source
- Download/delete the clip(s)
A segments is a cut part of a live, made via the button "Add a segment"
- Enter a segment name
- Start your segment and click Stop once you are done.
Your segment will automatically be added to the event list, you can then:
- Edit the event to change its duration, etc.
- Publish the event on the presenters of your choice
- Add the event to your Media so you can use it as a live source
- Download/delete the event
Congratulations! You now know how to use the easylive.io clipping & segments function.