Grouping is a handy way to enable multiple-layer inputs at once.
To set up an input group:
- Go to a control room Production Studio (1).
- Add your inputs (2) and enable them you want.
- Click on "Hotkeys" to open the group editor (3).
- Click on "Add" (4).
- If needed, adjust each input/line by clicking on:
- "Blank": When the group is activated, the line will be emptied (every input in the line will be hidden)
- or "Unaltered": When the group is activated, the line settings are ignored (e.g. if an input is shown it will stay visible but if there's nothing, no change will occur)
Then you can add more groups to switch from
- Edit and prepare each input of the display for the new group
- Add one more group section ("+ Add" button) (5).
- If needed, adjust each input/line by clicking on "Blank" or "Unaltered"
- [optional] Click on the "Apply" button to show the current group in your preview editor
Showing a group
Please note that the hotkeys function is linked to the type of keyboard used (AZERTY/QWERTY), so be careful not to have an incompatibility problem in the shortcuts.
To avoid any problems, easylive.io recommends that you do not invert the numbers of the hotkeys, this would make your hotkeys unusable by your other collaborators.
(You can also use the letters as a shortcut ).
- Close the group editor
- Then you have 2 buttons in your control room corresponding to group 1 and 2
- Simply click on the button corresponding to the group of input you wish to display in your live
Advanced Settings Management
In the group editor, the "Save current" buttons save all settings related to the associated inputs.
Settings contain everything related to the input (position, sizing, volume, URLs, etc..).
Using the "Save current" button is especially useful when an input is shared between two groups, or if one input is often switched between specifics settings (e.g. live source's volume)
Optionally, to see which settings have been saved within a group, use the "Apply" button.
In the group editor, an input set to INHERIT will not be modified from the current display (i.e. there will be no change in the already defined settings, position, etc).
In the group editor, an input whose status has an associated date will have its settings restored to the last time the "Save current" button was clicked.
- Move an active input to the left in the preview editor
- Create a group 1 and a Group 2 in the group editor
- Go to group 1 and click on "Save current" next to the moved the input
- Move the input to the right in the preview editor
- Go to group 2 and click on "Save current" next to the moved the input
- Now switch between groups 1 and 2 to quickly move the input from the left to the right!
Congratulations! Now you know how to use the easylive.io hotkeys.
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the easylive.io Support team via our Live Chat.