The Fail-safe stream backup (Fallback) is an easylive.io system that automatically triggers the associated input (live source, video, or image) in case of any troubles with your mainstream source without interrupting the stream for your viewers.
- The inputs (primary & fallback) has to be in the same line
- Live source can be chained together (fallback)
- An input can only be used once within its line
- When triggered, the input is overplayed on top of the associated live source
- You can have more than one Fallback input
A fallback can be set on any live source type, to set it up you must:
- Create a live (1) or join an existing live (2).
- In the Production Studio (3).
- Add your fallback input on the same layer as your primary live source with the "Add an input" button (4).
- Access to the live source settings (green pen) (5).
- Then select in the list the media to display if your live source stream disconnects (there's a default selected picture provided by easylive.io) (6&7).
- Your live is now secure! If your source is broken, the fallback will automatically start (8).
👉 Next steps
👍 Keep exploring
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the easylive.io Support team via our Live Chat.