- After joining the group, create an RTMP token with the button at the bottom of the setup page.
- Next, copy the recommended RTMP link + Stream Token and paste it in a "Custom RTMP" publishing point on easylive.io.
- Open your easylive.io event and add a publishing point.
- Select a custom "RTMP/RTMPS" publishing point.
- Paste the RTMP URL and Stream Token (=Stream Key/Name) provided by Steam.
- Select the publishing point.
👉 Next steps
- A step-by-step guide to starting with easylive.io
- How to add live sources
- How to add more publishing points
When you're ready to stream, just start the test phase and then start publishing & record.
Remember to enable public access for viewers at the Steam Setup page in order to get your stream to game communities.
Note: Steam requires 16:9 resolution (1280x720, 1920x1080). If your stream doesn't get published, try adjusting your scene parameters.
Steam Video encoding requirements
- Codec: H.264
- Profile: High
- Level: 4.1
- Frame Rate: 30 FPS or 60 FPS
- Frame Ratio: 16:9
- Keyframe interval: 2 seconds
- Maximum bitrate: 7000 kbps CBR
Audio encoding requirements
- Codec: AAC-LC
- Maximum bitrate: 128 kbps
Have more questions?
Click here to head to our Knowledge base search engine.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the easylive.io Support team via our Live Chat.