Who are ESL and DreamHack?
Live stream needs & objectives
The goal was clear for the ESL and DreamHack teams who were looking for a cloud-based video mixer to handle their remote production. They wanted to centralize all operations in one tool and be able to manage all their workflow, including remote guests, overlays and multicasting, in a multi-user environment. Most importantly, they also wanted to secure their feed.
“With every source that is moved remote, there is also the addition of several potential failure points, meaning the chances of something going wrong become higher. The biggest challenge is centered around the balance of latency, quality and stability ”.
- Retrieving multiple streams of different formats and mix them in the same platform.
- Providing a professional studio to broadcast live content on Twitch.
- Enabling remote live production, in real time, in a safe cloud environment to avoid one point of failure.
- Enabling remote and collaborative workflows for the technical team.
- Ensuring a continuous live streaming production without broken feeds because of Internet connection or local technical issues.
- Guarantee a professional and High quality stream (1080p 60fps).