Who are ESL and DreamHack?
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. In 2018, at the DreamHack Summer in Jönköping, ESL and Com Hem (Triple Play services provider) set a record entered in the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS. It was the fastest internet connection ever used simultaneously by a larger group of people in the world.
More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
Live stream needs & objectives
The goal was clear for the ESL and DreamHack teams who were looking for a cloud-based video mixer to handle their remote production. They wanted to centralize all operations in one tool and be able to manage all their workflow, including remote guests, overlays and multicasting, in a multi-user environment. Most importantly, they also wanted to secure their feed.
“With every source that is moved remote, there is also the addition of several potential failure points, meaning the chances of something going wrong become higher. The biggest challenge is centered around the balance of latency, quality and stability ”.
- Retrieving multiple streams of different formats and mix them in the same platform.
- Providing a professional studio to broadcast live content on Twitch.
- Enabling remote live production, in real time, in a safe cloud environment to avoid one point of failure.
- Enabling remote and collaborative workflows for the technical team.
- Ensuring a continuous live streaming production without broken feeds because of Internet connection or local technical issues.
- Guarantee a professional and High quality stream (1080p 60fps).