What is Philadelphia Theatre Company?
The Philadelphia Theatre Company, is a LORT theatre which produces, develops, and presents entertaining and imaginative contemporary theatre focused on the American experience.You can find more information about them by following their social media:- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/philatheatreco/- Twitter - https://twitter.com/philatheatreco- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/philatheatreco/
Live stream needs & objectives
For the Philadelphia Theatre Company, it was the third year of Play Brawl, a friendly competition which pairs community leaders with professional actors, to recreate iconic scenes from movies, TV shows, and musicals. Theatrical performances, votes, awards ceremony and auctions are an integral part of this unique event whose objective is to support the artistic sector and create a real interactivity between the public and the performers. Of course, the event is typically done live at the theatre but this year things had to be done differently.
"We were looking for a more highly-produced feel, more like a TV news broadcast with backgrounds behind split-screens, managed arrangement of panelists, side-by-side of multiple panelists and recorded content, title overlays, and such." - Matt Davis, Production Manager
The Play Brawl is a participatory experience, and preserving audience choice, feedback, voting, and the sense of a live auction was important to them. That why they needed a professional live streaming solution to manage, custom and broadcast their event like a real show.
- Providing a professionnal studio to create a unique digital show (personalized with logo, title, colors)
- Enabling remote live production, in real time, in a safe cloud environment to avoid one point of failure
- Enabling remote and collaborative workflows for the technical team
- Providing technical support to The Philadelphia Theater’s team
- Ensuring a continuous live streaming production without broken feeds because of Internet connection or local technical issues.